Attention matcha lovers! I’m introducing my vanilla cinnamon morning matcha! If you haven’t been following along on Instagram…You should probably get your boo-tay over there. I’ve got a specified highlight just for my favorite matcha recipes. In light of my heavy love for matcha, I decided to share my most favorite recipe with you all today. I took one recipe and tailored it to my liking, adding a few ingredients. Wow is all I have to say! If you’ve never tried matcha before, I suggest starting with this small container. It’s small enough for you to try it out if you don’t enjoy the taste, (my recipe will make you love it) but big enough to last a few weeks if you do! You don’t need any crazy tools to help mix the matcha with the liquids, a simple whisk will do. However, if you wanna get fancy, there is a pretty fun tool you can purchase.
I’ve actually never tried Matcha up until about a month ago. I decided to quite coffee and matcha seemed to be a great alternative. I wanted to include something in my diet that was healthy, boosted my immunity and gave me energy. Not to mention, it also helps to suppresses the appetite, so I’m able to feel full up until about lunch time. You can easily incorporate matcha into iced tea, smoothies, lattes. You can also bake using matcha! It’s a great addition to your diet and I love the immune boosting power it has. I hope you enjoy the recipe below and please reach out if you try it!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- sugar in the raw - to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a small sauce pan, add almond milk, matcha, cinnamon and sugar in the raw.
- Whisk ingredients thoroughly, while heating to desired temperature.
- Once desired temperature is reached, place into a blender with remaining ingredients.
- Blend for 10-20 seconds until frothed.
- Pour into your favorite coffee cup and enjoy! 🙂