It’s so nice to start off the month with National Girlfriend’s Day. Not to mention, it’s National Picnic Month – say what!? So how about combining the two because, HELLO, who wouldn’t? Let’s make this National Girlfriend’s Week! Any excuse to celebrate and have a picnic with some fabulous women is alright by me. Today’s talk is all about hosting a fabulous picnic for those awesome ladies in our lives. Below, I’ve got all the info you need to successfully plan your own picnic. I’ve simplified it and made it into a no brainer so you can be a picnic pro.
Girlfriend’s Day Celebration With A Picnic
1. Pick Your Venue – This is the most important decision you will make for your girlfriend’s day or any special picnic. The event place will determine so much about all other details. If your event is all outside, will you have some sort of coverage to keep guests out of the sun and cool? Do your guests have children? If so, are you going to have a way to keep them entertained? Bathrooms are a must! Will your spot have close access to them? Keep all of these in mind when planning and your venue spot could pull double duty for you.
2. Each There Own Or Help Yourself – There are two ways you can think about your picnic when feeding guests. Will each guest have their own meal prepared for them or are you more of a, help yourself kind of gal, when it comes to picnicking. I’ve seen this done both ways and both are fabulous, but again it depends on all of your guests. The “each there own” method works great for larger picnic parties and the “help yourself” method works great for smaller, intimate parties. Pick your poison, they are both ridiculously fun.
3. Make A List – One of the next most important things you’ll need to pay close attention to is making a list. Now that you have your venue location planned, it’s time to write out everything you intend to bring. Now’s a good time to think about everything your venue offers. Is there an outside grill? If so, burgers are a fun idea. If you’ve planned on keeping it simple, then pasta salads and already made sandwiches are always easy and picnic friendly. Also, keep in mind your guests pallets as well as their little ones, if coming. Since picnicking is a state of mind, you can virtually bring anything! Don’t forget to think about invitations, if need be.
4. Plan Esthetics – Everything goes back to your venue. Depending on how you are setting things up, you will need to think about esthetics. Are you picnicking on the ground or table? If picnicking on the ground, will you have a hard surface to place things on like a pallet or an old suitcase? Also keep in mind the ground could be wet. Here’s a great tip. It’s always a good idea to bring a tarp of some sort to place underneath whatever picnic blanket you bring. What’s your color scheme? Will you bring pillows for guest to sit on? That shade we talked about when picking your venue. How will you set it up and with what?
5. All About Packing Right – Once you’ve brainstormed all of your picnic details, it’s time to start thinking about how you’re going to pack things up. If you went with the “each there own” method. Are you going to use cute carry out containers to place meals in? If you went with the “help yourself” method, are you going to bring everything in a cute picnic basket that has everything you need to dine, in it? Will you use glass containers to place food in or plastic? What will you carry your beverages in? Here’s a fabulous beverage tote and trolly to place everything in for hauling out to your location.
Your National Girlfriend’s Day celebration picnic will pop off with a bang this year with all these fabulous tips and tricks. If you plan on having a picnic of your very own, how do you envision all the details? What does the picnic of your dreams looks like? Let me know in the comment section below because I would LOVE to hear!
XO – Savvy